I Quit Sugar – designed by Sarah Wilson after her own quitting journey, it is the program I started when I signed up for this 8 week ‘I Quit Sugar’ course. I never thought I would be able to quit sugar, but this program was very well designed and gives you the confidence and practical tips on just giving it a go. Quitting sugar is just an experiment, as Sarah Wilson advises. She also has a personal blog. Thanks Sarah!
Sweet Poison – is a website and also a book by no sugar guru David Gillespie. He wrote this after dieting for years and never seeing any results, until he started to cut out sugar, lost 40kg and found it life changing. David has another website How Much Sugar which is a membership site that has heaps of information on quitting sugar and his personal blog Raisin-Hell also has good articles.
“How to Eat, Move & Be Healthy: your personalised 4 step guide to looking and feeling great from the inside out” By Paul Chek.
This book is incredible – it was written by the founder of the C.H.E.K. Institute (which is the most effective & holistic bodywork system I have ever experienced) & goes through the whole myriad of physical emotional stressors, including a very large chapter on diet. Paul also has a personal blog here.
“Anti-Cancer – a new way of life” By Dr David Servan-Schreiber
The blurb on the front of the book says ‘All of us have cancer cells in our bodies. But not all of us will develop cancer’ & this book is a very detailed and comprehensive look at our diets. Highly recommended.
“I Quit Sugar: A Simple 8 Week Program that Works” – a sweet ebook by Sarah Wilson
This is the book that really kicked me off onto the quitting sugar journey. I first read it at the start of 2013 and was interested but thought “I cannot possibly ever quit sugar”…well, look at me now! Encouraging and simple in tone and message….and best of all it makes it EASY!
YOU TUBE VIDEOS
- Addicted to Pleasure – Sugar. BBC Documentary. Great history of sugar and on why we find it so addictive (57 mins)
- Sweet Poison – 60 Minutes. June 2012. I am not a fan of this show usually, however this is a great story on sugar. It features Sarah Wilson and Professor Robert Lustig (anti-sugar campaigner from US) & argues the case for quitting sugar (12 mins)
- Sugar is Poison – Hon Kerry Finch – Minister of Parliament, Tasmania, Australia. 29 August 2013 (7 mins)
MORE GREAT RESOURCES…
- No Fructose – Started by Garry Fettke, an Orthopaedic Surgeon and Lecturer from Tasmania, Australia. He believes that ‘the consumption of Sugar and Polyunsaturated Seed Oils combine in our diet to create inflammation in every blood vessel wall and in every tissue in every organ of the body’. He provides practical ideas and advice about quitting sugar.
- What Really Causes Heart Disease – an article by world renowned Heart Surgeon, Dr Dwight Lundell
- Tonga Health – a great health promotion message about Soda appealing to young people