Day 15 of the ‘I Quit Sugar’ program and day 6 of NO SUGAR at all
An easier day today, and I am noticing changes!
- More awake in the morning – I woke up at 7.30am, no alarm clock required (I would usually sleep until 10am without an alarm clock!)
- More alert and stimulated – I have felt so ill and lethargic the past week or so with the detox symptoms, but today I finally felt like I was getting my energy back.
- Feeling slightly more positive – I was researching how sugar affects serotonin and dopamine uptake in the brain today, and was interested to see that there is definitely some research showing that sugar has a huge impact on the way these are produced and absorbed in the body. Although this is improving, I still have a little way to go.
- Less hungry during the day – I feel like I am remaining more satisfied from my main meals and needing less snacks. WOW, that is huge! When I was eating sugar, I always had a base level hunger that never really left me. Now, with my meals full of protein and good fats, I feel satisfied!
- Keep making myself feel motivated to continue! – I was reading some Q&A’s with No Sugar guru David Gillespie, author of Sweet Poison. They helped me remember why I am doing this and gave me resolve to keep going. He is an inspiration and you can find it here.
♣ SUCCESS WITH NO SUGAR: 1
♣ DIFFICULTY: 1 (easy today)
♣ MOOD: Slightly more positive
♣ PHYSICAL: Slight headache that came and went during the day. Skin getting slightly better, still not that good. Energy levels increasing.
KEY: (1 = absolutely no sugar/very easy, 10 = disaster territory/very hard)
Food eaten today…DAY 6 NO SUGAR
BREAKFAST: Porridge with Coconut Cream, Roasted Coconut, Cinnamon, Biodynamic Full Cream Yoghurt, Roasted Almond flakes & Milk. Black Tea with Milk.
LUNCH: 3 egg Omelette (Ingredients: 1 tbsp yoghurt & 1/2 cup Cheese, 1/2 Zucchini, 4 Mushrooms and 1/3 red Capsicum, fresh Thyme), small 5 cent pinch of Cacao Nibs
SNACK: Latte, Small handful of nuts
DINNER: Salmon & Veggie Bake (Ingredients: tinned Pink Salmon, 1/2 Zucchini, 4 Mushrooms, fresh Corn & frozen Peas, 1 tbsp yoghurt, 1/2 cup Milk, 1/2 cup Cheese – method in comments section below)
SNACK: Black Tea with Milk